Mar 20, 2010

Reading

Alright, I have been reading up a storm this week. I finished Hourglass by Claudia Gray. Hourglass is the third installment in her Evernight Series. I read this novel super fast---it definitely kept my attention. I was surprised at the end and what happened to Bianca and Lucas---don't want to spoil it for you. If you read the first two installments Evernight and Stargazer think about picking this novel up at a local bookstore. I don't believe it is available to upload on a Kindle at this time.

I also finished reading The Return: Shadow Souls. Shadow Souls is the latest installment of The Vampire Diaries series, by L. J. Smith. Seriously, this book had me from cover to cover. It's not short. Okay, it's actually shockingly long for a young adult novel (599 pages), but I finished after reading until the early hours of this morning. The story is mostly about Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert's relationship and her bid to try and free him from his own mistrust of friends and family. I have always found Elena's connection with Damon more appealing than her relationship with his brother, Stefan. Other readers surely share the same sentiment after watching The Vampire Diaries television series. Be warned that the CW show is fairly different from the books.

Spoiler: The end of Shadow Souls has a twist that makes Damon even more complex...and lovable (if that was possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment



"All dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was in vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." T. E. Lawrence