Oct 2, 2009

Case of the Frosty Window

There was frost on the windshield of my car this morning...NO! Frost means cold. Cold means snow. Snow means -30. -30 means staying inside for days on end. Staying inside for days end means little sunlight. Little sunlight means winter. Soon winter will mean darkness by 4:30 PM. If I close my eyes and count to three maybe it won't be true. *Close eyes, deep breath* Didn't work, there is still frost on my car.

I don't want to shovel the walk or dress my child in five layers of clothing. Every year, around this time, I go through the same motions of denial, dread and fear. Yes folks, winter has almost arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment



"All dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was in vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." T. E. Lawrence